You will be accommodate in 3-Star hotel accommodation during Bhutan travel. All accommodations are on twin sharing basis. However, Single Supplement can be provided upon request at additional cost. The Tourism Council of Bhutan categories and monitor the quality of accommodation in the country. Full Board Meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) are included in the trip price. Love this trip and want to have more Customization, Please inquiry us. We are flexible and happy to make that trip happen. The hotels are categorized as A, B, and C by the government. In Thimphu and Paro, you spend the night at a "A" hotel.
Getting into Bhutan
There are two way to reach Bhutan either from overland or by flight:
- Traveling by Air: The one and only international airport situated in Paro connects several destinations such as Kathmandu, Bangkok, Singapore, Dhaka, Delhi, Kokotta, Guwahati, Bagdogra and etc. Paro airport is situtated at an elevation of 2225m above the sea level. There are only two airlines (Druk and Bhutan air) are operating to and from Paro airport. The flight is the best way to connect to Bhutan from several destinations of south Asia.
- Traveling by Land: Phuentsholing, Samdruk Jongkhar and Gelephu are the along the southern borders of India that are only open border crossing to the international tourists in Bhutan.
Bhutan Visa Clearance
Tourists other than India, Bangladesh and Maldives citizens need to obtain a Bhutan Visa Clearance prior to the travel to Bhutan. Visa is processed through tour operator or any international travel agent/partner. The Bhutanese Tourist Visa Fee is USD 40 per person which is included in the package price. Additionally, other fess is Sustainable Development Fee (SDF), which is $200 per day per person. It takes 7 working days to get the visa.
You will be required to send color copy of your passport (Photo Page) to apply for your visa. The passport must be valid for at least 6 month from the travel date. During the point of entry, you will be required to show your Bhutan Visa Clearance copy to the officer who will stamp into your passport with an entry details. No additional visa fee is required to pay at the immigration. Bhutan Visa Clearance copy is approved by TBC along with your complete personal information and passport details. Your entry/exit details and places to visit have been clearly mentioned on the Visa Clearance Letter. So that it is required to bring the copy while boarding on and must be shown at the immigration of Bhutan along with your original passport. We, Aspiration Adventure, are responsible for sending your application to the Tourism Council.
Required documents to get Bhutanese Visa
- Clear and Color Passport Copy valid for 06 months
- Recent Passport size picture
- Country of residence and City
- Contact number (mobile phone preferred)
- Travel Insurance
Kathmandu Paro Flight
Flight Ticket from Kathmandu to Paro and Back Paro to Kathmandu is include it the Package. We Book your flight ticket thorugh both Druk Air and Bhutan airlines which has direct flight to Paro from Kathmandu therefore, We are able to assist you to book your flight and check availability with better rates. With the Flight Ticket to Paro included in package price, it offers you hassle free travel experience.
Best Time to Visit Bhutan
The best seasons to visit Bhutan are from March to May (Spring) and from September to November (Autumn). Having said that, June to August (Summer season) and December to February (Winter season) has its own allures and attractions.
Tour Guide in Bhutan
If you wish to travel to Bhutan, you must have a tour guide that is included in the tour package price. Tour guides have years of expertise, fluent in English, and are certified by the Bhutan Tourism Council. From the moment you arrive at the airport until you leave the country, a local tour guide will be with you.
Check List for Bhutan tour
- Passport valid for at least 6 months from the travel date.
- Driving license or photocopy of passport (can be useful if case of original passport is lost)
- Air tickets copy and visa clearance copy
- Some cash for additional pay such as drink, tips and etc.
- Jackets with waterproof or raincoats as per the season
- Long and short T- shirts or cotton shirts
- Hiking shorts or skirts, boots
- Walking sticks for hiking, day bag
- Sun glass, gloves, sneakers, Hat
- Winter clothing, pairs of socks
- Sunscreen for lips and face
- Walking Sticks for Tiger’s Nest Hike